Friday 2 May 2008

Corrie's Vera speaks about illness

Corrie's Vera speaks about illness



Former 'Coronation Street' actress Liz Morning has spoken around how her life has changed since she was diagnosed with pulmonary emphysema quintuplet years ago.
The 68-year-old actress told ITV's 'Tonight' that she was told by doctors that she only had single third of her lung capacity left.
Dawn, world Health Organization played Vera Duckworth in 'Coronation Street', late quit the show due to ill health.
She said: "I used to go to Granada and I used to go in the salad dressing room, and I'd be really breathless earlier I yet did anything."
"And I got that badly, at the end that alternatively of person knock on the door and saying: 'It's your scene', I used to go on a scene before and sit on the Duckworths' set."
Morning also said that she stop smoking after her diagnosis: "When you're addicted to smoke it's very hard to stop... I couldn't answer the speech sound unless I lit up."
The actress said that she regretted smoke around non-smokers: "I mean in that respect are a lot of non-smokers in 'Coronation Street' that I have stood next to and smoked. Must have been awful mustn't it?"
Dawn's doctor Prof Ashley Woodcock said: "Liz came to me around five eld ago really reasonably desperate."
"At that point she could walk scarcely a distich of yards... she was in a in truth bad way."
"Stopping her smoke was really critical and she did that... which has been great because she wouldn't be here now... if she hadn't stopped"